"This isn't a watercolor, it's a mural." - Erich Segal

The banner mural of ships and fishing supplies decorates the fence of a parking lot just off Marine Drive in White Rock B.C.
(Artist unknown)

Subscription info and followers below posts.


Friday, September 01, 2006

Beachcomber Building

One of my favorite local murals is on the walls of the Beachcomber Hot Tubs building (134th St. and Comber Way in Surrey). I don’t remember when it went up – I’m thinking perhaps just before Y2K. I also don’t know the artist.

The mural consists of two walls of famous people. The west-facing wall is titled, "Beachcomber Salutes the Record Breakers."

The south-facing wall is called, "Beachcomber Salutes the Legends."

Now if only I could name them all!

Followers

COPYRIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS

All writing and images © Copyright 2006 - 2013
by Violet Nesdoly

Blog Archive

Canadian Top Blogs - "Art" category

Top Canadian Blogs - Top Blogs

Sitemeter